Chicken, Apple, Butternut Squash and Sage Bake

This is my absolute favorite dinner at home right now! It's delicious, nutritious, my baby can eat it and I only need 4 ingredients and 1 baking dish. (If you haven't caught on yet, I like my recipes as easy and scrumptious as possible). I was in a real dinner making slump a few weeks ago and adapted this recipe from one I found on MyRecipe.com. 

My struggle has been adapting my dinner menu (and timing) to fit the needs of our growing baby boy. Gone are the days when he was two weeks old, laying on the couch beside us at 8pm as we scarfed down pizza and chicken wings. Long gone.

He's now a 1 year old with a big appetite, who wants to eat with us...at 6 p.m. cue major life adjustment. For the better, obviously. 

This dinner is all that for me. Chop up a few apples and some butternut squash, throw some sage and chicken on top and you have yourself a dinner and an hour of playtime while it bakes. We love it and baby loves it. What more could I ask for?


Chicken, Butternut Squash and Apple One Dish Dinner



What You'll Need:
2 Split Chicken (bone in) for some reason it's just not the same with boneless chicken breasts
3 Fuji Apples
Butternut Squash
Fresh Sage
Canola Oil
Your Favorite Chicken Seasoning (optional)

How You'll Do It:
1. Cube apples and an equal amount of butternut squash.
2. Toss into baking dish with 1-2 tbsp canola oil. 
3. Sprinkle with sage.
4. Lay chicken over the top (seasoned to your liking).
5. Bake at 400 for 1 Hour and 15 Minutes.
Enjoy!

Comments