Zucchini Pasta Recipe + Vegetable Spiral Slicer Review

All summer I have been wanting to try a zucchini pasta recipe..the only problem was, I didn't have a vegetable spiral slicer. So when bluelife asked me if I would review their vegetable slicer I jumped at the chance!

I absolutely love this little gadget! I have to admit, that I wasn't so sure at first...but it turns out I was trying to use an old zucchini that was all mushy. Fresh makes a difference! As soon as I tried using it with a fresh, and actually edible zucchini, it worked like a charm! I was so happy! I will definitely be using this A LOT from now on!

It was perfect timing because a friend had just told me about her amazing recipe and here was my chance to try it! This type of recipe is exactly what I love. It's easy and add your own ingredients as you please. Pretty hard to mess up! I especially love that there is no additional cooking for this one. For dinner, my husband grilled up some steaks and I spiralized the zucchini and we didn't have to worry at all about syncing up our timing so everything was done (and at the correct temperature) at the same time!

Bonus: I just found out some people call these ZOODLES. How fun is that?!

Zucchini Pasta Recipe

What you'll need:
zucchini, peeled
oil
lemon juice
tomatoes
fresh herbs
scallots (optional, but highly recommended!)
tuna or chicken (optional)

Directions:
1. Use a spiral slicer to create the "pasta" or zoodles with the zucchini.
2. Mix the spiraled zucchini in a bowl with desired amounts of oil, lemon juice, tomatoes and any fresh herbs you would like! Also add scallots if you want.
3. (optional) If you are trying to make a heartier dish, add chicken or tuna!
4. Enjoy. It's that simple :)



More cool things about this veggie spiral slicer: (I'm a little bit of a geek when it comes to cool gadgets like this!)
1. There are two ends with different size blades. One end is 2mm x 3mm and the other is 3.5mm x 5mm so you get to choose how thick you want your spirals to be!
2. It comes with an end piece that helps you get to the very ends of whatever you are spiraling, which cuts down on waste and helps you get more!
3. It is dishwasher safe and also comes with a cleaning brush. I didn't fully appreciate the cleaning brush until I tried washing this by hand afterwards. It is hard to get stuck pieces out of the blades without it!





**A huge thank you to Bluelife vegetable spiral slicer for letting me review your product. Disclaimer to my readers: Don't worry, my opinions on this product are fully my own and I will never tell you I like something when I don't! I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



Comments