don't eat store made chicken salad because it may contain listeria but it's perfectly fine to make your own...which could put a hamper on summer chicken salad sandwiches cravings if it wasn't for this recipe!
I did A LOT of research for this recipe, but when it came down to it I had three requirements:
1. It had to be fairly easy to make (can't waste that precious beach time!)
2. It had to include grapes AND apples.
3. It had to be delicious!
Here is what I came up with:
The Best Ever Chicken Salad Recipe
2 lbs chicken breasts - cooked and cubed
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
1 cup green seedless grapes, halved
1 cup chopped apples
pinch of salt & pepper
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
As usual, I recommend using these measurements as guidelines and taste and adjust to your own preferences as you go.
For Sandwiches Add: Rolls, Lettuce, Tomatoes
Directions: Literally just mix all of the ingredients together. (so simple it doesn't seem right!)
If you still want my play by play:
1. Cube chicken and put in the oven at 350 for about 20 minutes
2. While chicken is in oven, cut up the grapes and apples.
3. Mix everything together in a large bowl so when the chicken comes out, the only thing left is to add it into the mix.
4. Generously heap onto rolls/wraps, top with lettuce and tomato....